Sharpen Your Jawline With Submental Fullness Treatment
Are you tired of dealing with the frustration of submental fullness, that pesky double chin that can undermine your self-confidence? Our highly experienced Philadelphia, PA plastic surgeon, Dr. Thomas C. Spalla offers effective treatments for submental fullness to sharpen your jawline and enhance your overall facial appearance.
If you’re ready to say goodbye to your double chin and hello to a more defined look, contact Dr. Spalla by giving Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgery a call at 215-273-3223.
What Is Submental Fullness?
Submental fullness is the presence of excess fat beneath the chin, resulting in a less defined jawline and the appearance of a second chin. It can be caused by various factors, including genetics, aging, and weight gain. Even individuals who are otherwise at a healthy weight may experience submental fullness.
- Kybella (Deoxycholic Acid): This is an FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells beneath the chin. The procedure involves a series of injections administered over a period of time.
- CoolSculpting: This non-invasive procedure uses controlled cooling technology to freeze and eliminate fat cells. It can be an effective option for reducing submental fullness.
- Liposuction: A surgical procedure in which excess fat is removed from beneath the chin through small incisions. It provides more immediate results compared to non-surgical options.
- Neck Lift: This surgical procedure involves the removal of excess skin and tightening of the neck muscles, resulting in a more defined jawline.
Benefits of Submental Fullness Treatment
- Improved Appearance: Treating submental fullness can lead to a more defined and youthful-looking jawline, enhancing overall facial aesthetics.
- Boosted Confidence: Many individuals experience an increase in self-confidence and self-esteem after addressing their submental fullness.
- Non-Invasive Options Available: There are non-surgical procedures available to target submental fullness, providing a convenient and less invasive alternative to traditional surgical methods.
Candidacy for Submental Fullness Treatment
Candidates for submental fullness treatment may include individuals who:
- Are bothered by the appearance of a double chin.
- Have good overall health and realistic expectations.
- Have a stable weight but are struggling with localized fat under the chin.
It’s important to consult with your qualified Philadelphia plastic surgeon to determine if you are a suitable candidate for treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most patients report mild discomfort during non-surgical treatments, while surgical options may involve a longer recovery period with some post-operative discomfort. Dr. Spalla will discuss pain management options.
Results can vary depending on the chosen treatment. Non-surgical options may require multiple sessions, and maintenance treatments may be needed. Surgical procedures typically provide long-lasting results.
All procedures carry some level of risk. Common side effects may include swelling, bruising, and temporary numbness. Dr. Spalla will discuss potential risks and benefits during the consultation.
Yes, it is often possible to combine submental fullness treatment with other cosmetic procedures, depending on your individual goals and the recommendations of Dr. Spalla. Common combinations may include treatments for facial rejuvenation, such as dermal fillers, Botox, or even facelift procedures.
Embrace a More Confident You
Submental fullness is a common concern that can impact one’s confidence and self-image. Whether you choose the gentle touch of non-surgical methods or the precision of a surgical procedure, know that you’re taking a profound step toward revealing the truest, most beautiful version of yourself. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Spalla to determine the best approach for achieving the desired results.